Thursday 6 September 2012

Another Closet Staple - The Chambray Shirt

My monthly guest, Christine is back to share another fashion trend - Chambray shirts.  I, for one, love this staple and look forward to wearing mine once the cooler temps start.  Over to you Christine...

Hello Jessie Street readers, I'm back once again to continue on my theme of "staple pieces" for your closet, I have created a few looks working with the classic Chambray shirt. First, yes you can pull this off at the office, a good way to make it office friendly and professional is with a black pencil skirt and pumps. Second look is for weekend wear, the possibilities are endless. Here I have paired it with a bohemian sandal and fedora to make the look trendy and ultra stylish. And last but not least, the third way to incorporate a chambray top into party wear is to pair it with a sparkly skirt. Once again the rule of contrasting pieces of clothing works here. The casual chambray shirt with the uber- glam skirt. Right now the stores are full of chambray shirts. My favourite is the JCrew Chambray top at $80 but you can find a cheap one at Forever 21 for less than $30. Either way the possibilities are endless and it is sure to be a great piece to have in your closet for years to come!
Chambray Shirt 3 ways

 

No comments:

Post a Comment