Thursday 21 June 2012

Nothing beats Homemade Strawberry Jam:)

One of my favourite things to make and give to people is Homemade Strawberry Jam!  Mmmmm, I could have a piece of toast and jam just thinking about it;)  I made a batch of jam on Monday - I froze some of the jars already and gave the rest away as hostess gifts and teacher gifts.  This year, I decorated the the tops of the jars with red and white gingham fabric and twine...such an easy thing to do that makes it look even more special.



I thought that I would share the recipe that I use to make my jam - there's nothing to it, I just follow the recipe that's on the CERTO box...why mess with a good thing, right?!?!  They give you different options to make the jam (Cooked Jams, No-Cook Jams, Cooked Jellies) I always do the no-cook, freezer jam and it is by far the easiest method that I have ever used and it honestly took me less than an hour to make a batch.  Enjoy!

No-Cook Homemade Strawberry Jam

1 3/4 cups crushed strawberries
4 cups of granulated sugar
1 pouch CERTO Liquid Pectin
2 tbsp lemon juice

In a large mising bowl stir together strawberries and sugar.
Let stand for 10 minutes
Add CERTO and lemon juice.  Stir for three minutes
Pour into clear containers.  Cover with lid and let stand for 24 hours.


2 comments:

  1. Sooo good- and yes a great teachers gift. CK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree nothing better than homemade jam!! Luck teachers!:)

    ReplyDelete