Wednesday 22 February 2012

Seven Alive and Apple Pie in a Jar


 Hello there!!!  Earlier this week, the lovely Kadie from Seven Alive did a feature on her blog about me and Jessie Street Designs...can you believe it - that is really AWESOME!!  Kadie has been so helpful to me and it has been a pleasure getting to know her and learn from her.  Check out her post here and leave a comment to let her know you came by...I think that she did a great job and I'm truly grateful for her support!

Today's recipe is really neat and tastes delicious - Apple Pie in a Jar!  I haven't made an apple pie in YEARS (back in highschool my part time job was working in a pie factory!) but when I saw this recipe floating around pinterest and blogland, I had no choice but to come out of retirement and give it a try.  Now, I wasn't going to get over zealous - I took some short cuts (ie. I opted for store-made pie dough - THE HORROR...ha!) it still turned out great!  My friend Chrissy, from The Taylor House also made these and found cute boxes to send out as gifts - isn't that a great idea!!  Give this a try, you won't be disappointed and ALL your friends are going to want to know where you got these from....you are going to blow their socks off when you tell them YOU made them!

Apple Pie in a Jar

Here's what you need:
Apple Filling (from The Taylor House)
2 1/2lb of baking apples, cored, peeled and cut into approx. 1/2" pieces
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cut maple syrup

Crumble Topping:
From Yours Truly...
equal parts of flour, brown sugar and oats
Just enough butter or margaine to make it all stick together

Pastry:
Make your own OR....buy from grocery store;)



Mix all the ingredients for the apple filling together and set aside....looks good doesn't it!


Using a large cookie cutter OR cut a large circle in the pie dough (that's what I did).  Press pie dough into  the bottom and along the sides of the jar.


Now mix all the ingredients for the crumble topping.  I found that it worked better using my fingers.


Add apple filling to jar and top with the crumble mixture.  Perfection!


These will need to go in the freezer right away until you are ready to eat give them away.  To bake, place jars in a cold oven and then turn oven on to 375 degrees, bake for approx. 30 minutes, it should be brown and bubbly!

Thanks for stopping by!!

****Spoiler Alert.....later on this week I'll be doing a guest post for Kadie....can't wait to share another super easy craft with you!  Stay tuned for details.....

I'm linking up to some of these fun parties!


Not Just a Housewife - Show Me What Ya' Got

Seven Alive - Link it Up Thursday


Serenity Now - Weekend Bloggy Reading

Finding Fabulous - Frugalicious Friday

Ginger Snap Crafts - {wow me} wednesday

A Little Knick Knack - EBTKS Link

A bowl full of lemons - Tuesday Link Party

Simple Home Life - Features and Simply Creations Link Party

Bacon Time in Northern Cali - Anything Goes Linky

The Shabby Nest - Frugal Friday

Delightful Order - Delightfully Inspiring Thursday

House of Hepworths - Hookin' up with HoH

Tatertots and Jello - Weekend Wrap Up

I Heart Nap Time - Sundae Scoop Link Party

Classy Clutter - Saturday Spotlight


The 36th Avenue - Show me Extradordinary Link Party


Reasons to Skip the Housework Link Party


3 comments:

  1. AAWWWW thanks for the shout out Jenny!:) It has been a pleasure to get to know you too. I am excited for your post tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum. This looks so good! I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really cool! They would be perfect to give away for Christmas gifts!! Thanks for sharing with us this week.:)

    ReplyDelete